RETREAT ON THE MANIFESTO 2021-26 COMMITMENTS, ACHIEVEMENTS AND IMPLEMENTATION STATUS FOR THE GREATER NORTHERN AT NALI-KYANKWANZI
The Office of the President is mandated to track, report and publicize the performance, progress and challenges of implementation of the Manifesto Commitments and the Strategic guidelines and directives in the different Ministries Departments and Agencies &Local Government:
FY 2022/23 marked the beginning of the critical implementation of manifesto 2021-2026. As a result of this, the Office is planning to organize above activity to facilitate coordination, planning and reporting on the manifesto commitments and the 23 Strategic Guidelines and Directives and evaluate the performance of different Local Governments in Greater Northern Uganda on the implementation of Manifesto commitments as alignment with their set out work plans and budgets. This engagement is in line with the approved Q3 work plan for FY 2022/23 and is proposed to take place from 21st to 25th March 2023 as a four day activity to be held at National Leadership Institute Kyankwanzi.
Objectives of the Manifesto Inception Meeting:
The specific objectives are to:
- Take stock and account the Manifesto commitments and achievements to the citizens and leaders in the Northern Region
- Explain and Share the synergies required in the implementation process of the Manifesto commitments
- Share a strategy ion how to popularize the achievements so far realized in Greater Northern Uganda.
At the end, we are expected to:
- Give accountability and validation on the extent of performance of the Manifesto Commitments and the Presidential Strategic Directives and Guidelines in the Greater Northern Uganda.
- Agree on proper coordination in planning, reporting, and communication of achievements
- Share and document the implementation of the Manifesto commitments in the Greater Northern Uganda.
Participants in this forum will include:
- The Top Management of OP
- NRM Party leadership
- The Government Chief Whip
- Local government and party leadership from Greater Northern Uganda
- Presidential Advisors(10)
- Ministry of Finance
- Parish Development Model Secretariat
- National Planning Authority
- Operation Wealth Creation
- State House
- Ministry of Education and Sports
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
- Ministry of Agriculture animal Industry and Fisheries
- Ministry of Water and Environment
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Works and transport
- National Water and Sewerage Cooperation
- Uganda Road Fund
- The Media
Methodology for Delivery
PRESENTATIONS FROM KEY STAKEHOLDERS
Different presentations by key stakeholders in the Manifesto Implementation process will be made with emphasis on prioritizing different commitments, achievements and alignment to the existing planning, governance structures for attainment of the desired target vision. The presentations are broad in perspective but touching the necessary steps Government must take to achieve the stated commitments.