Message from the Minister of Presidency
Article 99 (3) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda vests the Executive Authority in the President and he is responsible for the welfare of the citizens and safeguards the Constitution and Laws of Uganda, among others.
It is from this that Office of the President derives its mandate of providing leadership in public Policy management and good governance.
The Minister for the presidency presides over as the Executive Head of the Presidency alongside eight other Ministers including the Minister without Portfolio; the Minister for Security; the Minister for Science, Technology and Innovation; the Minister for Kampala Capital City and Metropolitan Affairs; the Minister of State for Economic Monitoring; the Minister of State for Ethics and Integrity; the Minister of State, Office of the Vice President and the Minister of State for Kampala Capital City Affairs.
The Functional Objectives of the Presidency include:
- Ensuring that Government Policies, Programs and Projects are adequately monitored and evaluated;
- Promoting good governance in public institutions and civil society
- Providing overall leadership of the state and better service delivery and job creation in line with the Government Manifesto;
- Providing regional and international relations for purposes of Social and Economic gains, and the creation of investment opportunities; and;
- Supporting the development of Policy capacity across Government.
The Presidency therefore has a mission to provide leadership in Public Policy Management and Good Governance for National Development and a Vision of realising a secure, well governed and developed nation.
This website will provide you with information on the above areas of public interest.