Finance and Administration
The Department of Finance and Administration supports and coordinates the execution of the mandate of the Office of the President through provision of financial and human resource management services, and ensuring efficient and effective utilization of resources. Our Departmental Maxim is borrowed from a Latin Dictum: “Quantum Possum”
The Department among others facilitates the work of the Resident District Commissioner (field offices) and Presidential Advisors. Specifically, the Department is responsible for:
- Ensuring that Government Policies, Programs and Projects are adequately monitored and evaluated;
- Promoting good governance in public institutions and civil society;
- Providing overall leadership of the state and better service delivery and job creation in line with the Government NRM Manifesto 2011-2016;
- Providing regional and international relations for purposes of Social and Economic gains, and the creation of investment opportunities; and
- Supporting the development of Policy capacity across Government.